summerskwela

I had it coming. I went to UST last Wednesday to enroll for my summer classes. Since I stopped for one semester, I have to take up at most three subjects to catch up with my blockmates. And as usual, even before I stepped foot at the gates of the school I knew something wrong would happen. It always happens in UST. The school would definitely test my patience for the nth time.

If you want to prove that UST has the most “bulok sistema” in Manila, you could just ask me and I would attest to that point right away. It was blazing hot when I went to room 101 to encode my subjects. I first chose History, English and Finance but the schedule of the first two overlapped so I had to cancel History. I then settled to NatSci but when I was about to encode it, the girl on the desk said that the slots for the subject haven’t been opened yet. WHY WOULD YOU FREAKING POST IN THE BULLETIN BOARD, “NATSCI ALREADY OPEN FOR SUMMER CLASSES” IF IN FACT IT ISN’T AVAILABLE YET?!?!? Katangahan to the extreme level!

The people there just told me to enroll first the two subjects that I wanted so I could already save a slot and then I could go back to check if slots for NatSci would open. I went to the oh-so-far-away seminary gym to pay my tuition. I fell in line and waited for my turn after at least 15 minutes. And then behold, I paid 8,900php for only two subjects. Ang mahal grabe! I went back to my building and OF COURSE, NatSci slots were still unavailable. I was so infuriated, irritated and most definitely TIRED that I just decided to go home and go back the next day.

I went very early last Thursday morning so that I could have it all done and go home at once. I was there at 7:30am. AND ONCE AGAIN, the guard told me that the encoding for summer classes would be at 9am. I started to laugh in front of him. I knew it would happen. It always happens! You know the feeling of so much anger that you were already on the verge of tears? That was me at that time. I was also battling the heat noh!

9am. I was in room 101 and I waited for several minutes because the laptop wouldn’t work. I kept going in front of the room to ask if the slots for NatSci were already available and they kept telling me to just wait. WTF?!?! When they finally told me that it was available, they said that the form I filled up was wrong because since I was just going to add a subject, I had to fill a different form. “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THAT A WHILE AGO?!?!” I went to the dean’s office to get the form. I filled it up and went straight to the seminary gym. The guy who was encoding it told me that I needed first the signature of a representative from the dean’s office. The fucking guy from the dean’s office forgot to sign it! I had no choice. You do what you gotta do. And so I went back to my building to get the signature from the dean’s office and then I went back to the gym. I was already raging mad at this point that I was already doing my “angas walk.” I was holding my ID and I swear I wanted to strangle each person I passed by with my lace.

When I was inside the gym again, I went straight to the guy before and gave him everything needed. There was another problem in the computer which made me blurt out, “Ano na naming problema?!?! Kahapon pa ako nandito ah!” The poor guy got so scared that he hurriedly ran my papers. I felt really sorry for him afterwards. He was just doing his job. I finally got my subjects together and it was all good in the end.

My schedule: (Monday-Friday)

7am-9am NATSCI
9am-11am ENGLISH
1pm-3pm FINANCE

TO UST: HINDI IBIG SABIHIN NA 400 YEARS NA KAYO AY KAILANGAN 400 YEARS OLD DIN ANG SISTEMA NIYO!

Random Notes:

*I know that he doesn’t read this but I actually saw Kevin during that whole thing because he’s doing Eco. We just said our hellos and the usual small talk. We didn’t do the entire enrolling thing together because I could already imagine the dead air and awkward silences that would transpire when we’re together. Kevin’s nice but we really didn’t have anything to talk about. Hihi!
*We bought a rabbit. His name is Pancakes after Summer’s rabbit in The O.C. He's cute and all but I really don't like animals and I'm scared of them which explains why in these pictures, my sister was holding him.





*Swimming with the family last Tuesday in Muntinlupa. Dur, nag-outing pa kame. Sobrang lapit lang. We had a karaoke session! Fun.









*MC’s album leaked. I downloaded it. So Good. I stay in looooovvvveeee! Will still buy the album of course.
*Summer classes start next week I really don’t know what to expect and I have no idea what I’m going to do with that two-hour break.
*Have you seen the episode of PBB with Josef and Nicole getting all munchy-munchy together? Idol ko na si Josef in making girls fall for him. Ang astig! He planned it all along: the supposedly tampo with Nicole and then making konsensya tapos magbabati sila. Nice!
*Robi!!!

26 comments:

Anonymous April 10, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

hey, good luck in your summer classes! Alam ko kung anong feeling ng naghihintay sa ilalim ng mainit na araw. hahaha. ;)

Nagsusummer si kevin?

Anonymous April 10, 2008 at 9:42 PM  

Wow! That was haywire! So much anger for UST..you should have called me so that I could help you with your papers! I was just in the faculty on those days and true, the heat is annoying and its killing me badly! I have dry skin naaaa! Goodness! Paano na lang ang mala -lucy-torres-skin ko nyan!? :O

"TO UST: HINDI IBIG SABIHIN NA 400 YEARS NA KAYO AY KAILANGAN 400 YEARS OLD DIN ANG SISTEMA NIYO!" -yes yes..same ranting too..DLSU has better enrollment system, when I was still teaching there..and there were lots of cute teenagers there..*drools* oh no..student-teacher realtuionship! XD

WOW! Cute pancake! We're actually different! I sooo love animals! I feel like I'm one of them (especially in bed! rawr! animal!)..but if ever I would be given a chance to be an animal (haha..as if someone is asking me this) I would be a unicorn! Ay, no..uhmmm..goose na lang..kasi malaki pwet ko! so true diba? XD

Good luck with your summer classes Jhong!

XOXO
CELY PRETTY IN PINK PLUS OOZING WITH SEX APPEAL!

jhong April 10, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

@pacific: thanks for wishing me luck! the worst feeling in the world is waiting under the scorching sun. i am not the most patient person pa naman. grarr!

@ma'am cely pretty in pink plus oozing with sex appeal: thanks for the comment. sorry for the ranting about UST. I should've visited you there. I miss you badly.

Anyway, I understand your fascination with animals. Love your own, ika nga.

Anonymous April 10, 2008 at 10:30 PM  

hi jhong! haha. hay, i know that feeling. nakakainis talaga pag pabalik-balik. >_< pero pasalamat na lang tayo na ang enrollment natin hindi kasing lala ng sa up. haha. >_<

anyways, good luck on summer classes! :D

jhong April 10, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

@yodonome: kar!!!!! thanks for the comment. miss kita ha. kainis talaga uste. lilipat na ko ng school. Sa perpetual sana. joke.

Anonymous April 11, 2008 at 6:17 AM  

Cely Belly, I never thought that I will also find you here.. Wonder that why Jhongster here is attracting so much visitors.. haha.. I've read all his blogs, and conceded to the fact that all are astounding... *applause*

Wow, so lately you've been in UST for summer classes.. Got too angry with the boy at the counter eh.. haha.. No wonder that the summer heat is overloading our thermal regulation system with the tendency of outburst. Same here though.. haha.. I'm losing some pounds, bleh cely, I'm gaining those abs, you too.. haha..

400 year old system.. yes yes,I've experienced that too when I was taking test in the corridors of A.B. Those gadgets were like so primitive.. haha.. Buti na lang sa Univ. of Sydney. State of the art, with the view of the opera and a serving of lamb chops pa.. haha..

good luck with the summer classes jhongster..

HOHOHO
TON TON IN COROLLA EATING LAMB CHOPS

jhong April 11, 2008 at 5:34 PM  

@tonton in corolla eating lamb chops: ang sipag mo gumawa ng comment ha, in fairness! ahahah!

miss ko na kayo sir. siguro wala kayong magawa ngayong summer noh? time to work-out biotch! onga pala, salamat sa tres na binigay niyo sakin ah. kahit ganun lang masaya na ko. huwag lang bumagsak.

i realized na mahal niyo pala talaga ako. napansin ko narin po kasi dati yung mga sideward glances niyo sakin. kung minsan may kindat at kagat pa sa labi. you don't have to deny it because i feel the same way.

yuck, i have to stop. kadiri na. ahahahahah! love you sir. kita kits mamaya dito sa kwarto ko. mwah!

Anonymous April 11, 2008 at 11:06 PM  

ahahaha nice line....o nga naman...dapat maging bago na sistema ng ust...qt rabbit.....gusto ko dn bumili ehehhehe...maam cely...best ka talaga ..miss u

Anonymous April 11, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

haha nyway sinu si tonton...tska teka lang napansin ko comment dito puro english ehehehe....deviant me

jhong April 12, 2008 at 1:03 AM  

@rayne: tama! dapat magbago na uste. i love ma'am cely too pero mukhang tinatalo na siya ni tonton. thanks for the comment rayne. i miss u. =)

Anonymous April 12, 2008 at 2:16 AM  

oy, cely, tonton.. mga walng heya, kayo, di nyo ko sinasale sale dito sa mga pegeexploor nyo sa blugspot ha..

Hi Jhong. Pasinsya ka na midyu mainit din ulu ko ha.. haha.. di kasi ako sinali ng dalawang ito e.. alam mo naman, may prensepyo ako. gusto ko kasali ako. haha. epekto naden seguro yun ng pag explore ko sa pheleppens, dun sa may panay. tinignan ko kasi yung gold ornaments, yung ornaments na gold, yung kolay gold ba.

Nako, may sammer classes ka pala Jhong, dapat senabehan mo ko para di ka na pumela sa tapat ng araw. tsk. haha.. anywey, agree ako dyan. 400 years na talaga ung system na yan. tsk. pinag-aralan ko din kase yung hestory nyan at talagang way back sa stone age pa yan, inoorasyonan pa kase ng anito para gumana. haha.

ang kyot kyot ng mga anemals mo jhong. ako den meron. sinasamba ko pa nga pag gabi eh. nagegeng anito kase. haha. oo nga lake ng pwet mo cely, pareho kayo ni tonton. har.

guld lak gid sa sammer classes mo Jhong.

PHELEPPENS
LIZ IN SAGADA SWEATING HARD LOOKING FOR ANITO.. (si Joson kasi eh, yung anito ko nasakanya) - di bale may kapalit naman yun.. haha.

Anonymous April 12, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

grr, i want that anito too! kaya lang baka may possessing power? nyek. jhong hindi ako makapagcomment syo dahil laging not loading pero etooooo na... ang kyut ng pancakes mo. ;p haba ba?

di kita nakita nung clearance.

Anonymous April 12, 2008 at 5:46 PM  

hahahahaha natawa naman ako dun sa 400 years statement mo. HAHAHA!! :))

ay nako, minsan ganyan din benilde, andaming kaartehan.

jhong April 12, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

@LIZ: ma'am akala ko po ba kapampangan din kayo tulad ko? bakit parang bisaya ka diyan sa comment mo?

anyway, nagulat talaga ako na nag-comment kayo. hindi ko akalain na sikat na pala yung blog ko within the faculty. i'm so grateful for your support.

dapat po pala pinuntahan ko kayo nung nag-enroll ako para nadasalan ng mga anito yung sistema ng ust. sayang!

onga pala, minsan sinasamba ko din si pancakes pag gabi. minsan po sabay tayong magsamba. hobby ko po kasi yun eh.

salamat po sa lahat ng nagawa niyo para sa akin last sem at sana makasama ako sa mga adventures nyo dito sa pheleppens.

love yah lots! =)

jhong April 12, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

@julie: huy! sorry di ako nakapunta nung clearance. yun kasi yung araw na nag-swimming ako with my family eh. miss na kita in all fairness to you and your friends.

@cess: grabe! nagulat ako na nag-comment ka. salamat talaga. ganyan din pala yung benilde. tsk. ang mahal pa naman ng tuition nyo. ahahaha! anyway, thanks again. miss you cess! tagal na natin di nagkikita ah.

Anonymous April 13, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

hyook.

Anonymous April 13, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

yikeee!! kevin. haha. kevin. haha. and si kevin. haha.

hooy. grabe naman. 3 na silang nandito? they so love you.

pero, si LIZ, sounds like me. migod. i so hate her. gaya-gaya.

jhong, you enjoy your summer classes. find him there. haha.

jhong April 14, 2008 at 1:57 AM  

@hyook: hyook ka rin!

@pen: wow! nag-comment ka narin. first tym ah. ongaeh. gaya-gaya sayo ate devena yang si LIZ.

kevin ka jan. ahahah! i will find him there. actually, we're going to meet at cubicle number two in the men's room tomorrow. i don't know why.

Meng April 14, 2008 at 3:16 AM  

nice. malupet jhong. tatlo tatlo na sila nagcocomment dito. hahaha!

panalo tlga pheleppens eh =) miss you jhongy and the cyberworld... goodluck with summer classes!

Anonymous April 14, 2008 at 4:15 AM  

miss yOu sOulmate!=) your pet rabbit is cute! God bless in your summer classes! aja!(^_~)v take care always! *hugs & kisses*

Anonymous April 14, 2008 at 5:36 PM  

just do it good. HAHA.

onga. 1st time ko. MG.

hoy, bakit may kuneho na kayo? haha. grabe. kuneho. wooow! anong kinakain niya, carrots??

{bored lang talaga}

jhong April 15, 2008 at 4:21 AM  

@meng: tagal mo nang wala sa cyberworld ah. weclome back memengs!

@esfrey: may bago kaming rabbit ulet. adik! thanks soulmate.

@pen: nako di pa sya pede carrots. basta rabbit food kinakain nya na parang seeds. ahahaha! wawa ka naman. bored. ako, hectic kase mejo dame assignments. grrr!

Anonymous April 15, 2008 at 5:25 PM  

uy, kinakarir ang sumerskwela. migod! gudlak sa natsci and finance!

cutie ni pancakes. haha. kelan siya pwedeng kumain ng carrots?Ü

jhong April 16, 2008 at 4:00 AM  

@pen: nako! after 6mos. pa eh! tsk. di pa carry. eheheh!

Anonymous April 17, 2008 at 5:29 AM  

poor pancakes. =( after six months pa talaga siya magiging isang ganap na kuneho. huw. i am so sad for him. uuyy!! may cutie classmate ka ba? haha. at! dapat nakikita mo YATA si coby dyan kasi kelangan din niya magsummer. YATA. YATA.

jhong April 18, 2008 at 2:40 AM  

@pen: meron naman. pero hindi si coby. blockmate nya. hulaan!

About The Writer


Jhong Valencia spends most of his time surfing the net, downloading tv series, watching movies, writing blog entries, reading books, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. He's 21 years old.