plastic


Photo Taken By: Kristine Talusan
Courtesy of: Adrian Pacific Ong
Models: Adrian Pacific Ong and Frances Ogilvie


I’ve been plastic all my life. I’m not a bad person. I’m not mean. I’m just plain plastic. It’s necessary. If I weren’t plastic I probably would’ve been dead right now because my enemies had already killed me.

You can’t please everybody and people can’t always please you. In life, you encounter people that you just don’t get. You meet people and mingle and yet there’s something about them that you don’t like. What do you do? Be plastic.

You don’t snob them. That’ll just make things worse. You go about living your normal life without getting affected by these people you don’t like. You try to avoid being in their company just so you don’t have to be nice and all. But then eventually, these people would notice that you’re avoiding them and more so you don’t like them. How did they know? You backstabbed them. You told your friends that you hate this certain person. Word gets out and before you know it, everyone knows that you don’t like this certain person. And then, this certain person gives you the “if-you-have-to-say-something-bad-about-me-say-it-to-my-face” speech.

How do you respond to a confrontation like that? I probably would say the same thing that the great comedienne Kathy Griffin once did: “I don’t want to say anything to your face. Where’s the fun in that? I would actually wait after you leave then I’ll talk shit about you with my friends. In that sense, I get to be funnier making fun of you. Plus, there’s no conflict at all.”

I admit that it is wrong to be plastic but sometimes you have no choice but to be one. You want to avoid arguments so you act nice to those people that you don’t really like. It’s actually human nature. We usually hide what we truly feel.

Right now I am plastic to a certain group in my block. They understand each other and I really don’t get them. Whenever I see these people, I usually roll my eyes…in my mind. But when I’m around them I act like most angelic person there is, like I’m one of them.

It’s fun to be plastic. It’s thrilling. It makes living worthwhile. Ha!

Random Notes:

*Don’t ask me about the people I am being plastic to. I will never tell. Ask Pen. Haha!
*It’s my sister’s birthday!
*Prelims week is finally over.
*I was the lowest in the last SocioComm Test. I got 10/50. If I were in High School I probably would have cried about it for days.. But now, I don’t mind at all. I see the clearer picture. I’m aware. I didn’t study so I got a low grade, though I never expected to be the lowest. Haha! Will make bawi next time. Kaya ko ‘to!
*Pimple breakout.
*My birthday’s coming. Will be just another day. Here’s to 19!

11 comments:

Anonymous August 17, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

aktibo. SHIT. bakit mo ba sila ginawan ng entry? hindi dapat e. tsssssss. pero, natawa ako. talk of the town na naman itong entry mo. good job ka na at VG ka pa with 158 stars! pero wait. dinamay mo pa ako. ako yung dudumugin nila ng mga shit nilang tanong. gr. wala. wala silang makukuha sa akin.
hindi ako galit a.

p.s.

hindi mo pinatay yung electric fan sa room namin nung saturday. tsktsk. buti hindi nasunog ang fatima dormitory.

jhong August 18, 2008 at 2:54 AM  

@katrina: oo nga eh! naalala ko nalang na di ko pala napatay, eh nasa paranaque na ko. nagplantsa kasi ako eh. ahahaha! grabe. sori.

di ka masyadong galit sa comment mo ah. in fairness. bwahahaha!

Anonymous August 18, 2008 at 6:51 AM  

e, nakakainis kasi e.

gr. katayin ko sila e.

jhong August 18, 2008 at 7:48 AM  

best dormate: sige na, ikaw na winner! ahahahah!

Anonymous August 18, 2008 at 8:55 AM  

hehehe..oh my! i can really relate to this blog! hahaha!=)) nway, hayaan n ntin cla jhong! let's just enjoy and be happy!!!(",) and make their lives miserable!!! wahaha!=)) jowk lng!=p ayaw qng mging bad hehehe...nway, bwt socio-comm, make baby errol your inspiration and study hard, dpt know the topic by heart wahaha!=)) kaya natin yan! let's make bawi!!! aja aja!(^_~)v God bless!=) *lovlove jhOng*hugs*xoxo

jhong August 18, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

@esfrey: thanks thanks for the comment. alam ko talgang nakarelate ka dito. ahahaha! nice one. anyway, will make errol my soulmate. bwaahahah! humanda sya.

Meng August 18, 2008 at 5:24 PM  

akin siya jhong. hahaha. :) chos! sabay tayong bumawi! shet, bagsak ata ko nung last quiz eh. :))

ui, oo nga, bakit ang dameng plastic na tao? hehe. :p wag na lang pansinin ang mga taong di deserve ng pansin. hehe!

jhong August 18, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

@meng: mas madali nga yung quiz last saturday eh. ahahah! yabang. sana tlga mabawi ko na yung grade ko.

Anonymous August 21, 2008 at 3:23 AM  

is this about the fun people? hehehe. wala feeling lang na alam ko. :D

jhong, tagal ko na kayo di nakakausap ni kaaaaaat. huw. talk to you someday - kadiri blockamtes tas hindi nakakapagusap.

Anonymous August 23, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

ahahaha sila ba ung sinabi mo sakin??o nga no...dahil sau narealize ko na me thrill pala magpakaplastic ahahha funny u jhongers...at gusto ko rin ang punto mo...pero mnsan ...sinusubukan mo rin silang intindihin hanggang d mo na kaya....kaya naiinis ka na...pero ayaw mo ng gulo kaya un na....ehehe atleast ikaw nde ka natatakot na malaman nilang binabackstab mo sila...ahaha my paninindigan! ahaha which is tama.my thrill pa! ahaha love you jhongie..hapy birthday

jhong August 24, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

@anonymous: sana nag-iwan ka ng pangalan. sino ka? ahahahahah! anyway, tama lahat ng sinabi mo kasi nag-agree ka lang naman saken. ahahah!

About The Writer


Jhong Valencia spends most of his time surfing the net, downloading tv series, watching movies, writing blog entries, reading books, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. He's 21 years old.