confidence

Fake it ‘til you make it

--Pen


Pen was talking about confidence. I haven’t always been confident with the way I look. I used to be overweight and this is what caused my recurring low self-esteem. It’s something that I worked really hard to improve on. I started to work out. I did all kinds of diet and a lot of eating disorders came about. I was okay with it since I shed some wait over the past four years. I haven’t reached my desired weight and lately it has been a yo-yo ride for me looking in the mirror. Sometimes I like what I see but most of the time I don’t. I always ask my friends if I look okay or if the shirt I’m wearing doesn’t make me look fat. It’s already a bad habit.

This entry is not about my weight. What I really want to say is…

How come I had to do all these improvements in myself when there are people who would not even do a thing but still look great?!?!

There are people in this world who are naturally beautiful. I hate to say this but I envy these people. Impokrita na ang magsabi na kuntento na sila sa itsura nila kahit na ang chaka-chaka nila!

The tag line of “Nip/Tuck” comes to mind, “When you stop striving for perfection, you might as well be dead.”

These beautiful people wake up in the morning with their untidy hair and morning glories and can still be in a television commercial as the after shot. Why did God make all these creatures? It still is a mystery to me.

But then again, there are people who are not good looking but still exude that appeal. There is always something that attracts you to them. There’s that instant eye movement magnet that makes you stop and stare. Pen says it is confidence. I guess it’s true. Celine, our lovely dorm mate is not drop-dead gorgeous. She’s okay. But she always exudes this confidence that makes her appealing to men. I guess it’s the way she walks, the way she talks, the way she runs her fingers through her hair, the way she moves her eyes, the way she bites her lips. It’s really interesting…weirdly enough.

Pen advised me to do the same thing. Have that confidence.

But how?!? Fake it ‘til you make it. Act as if you’re confident even if you’re not. Walk as if you feel like everyone’s looking at your beautiful face. Talk as if what you have to say matters.

I will definitely try this one. Will exude appeal eventually. Haha!

But my dear readers, let’s not forget that beauty fades. The important thing is that you’re a good person…………….NOT.

*_____________________________*


I went to Alicia Keys’ concert last Tuesday and as what I expected, it was fun, fun fun! She was almost two hours late but it was well worth it. She gave great performances. I enjoyed “No One” the most. Galeng! “If I Ain’t Got You” was her finale. Goosebumps!

Outside the venue:


Inside (with my sister):


With the friends we met there:


Find the hidden alicia keys:


O eto nalang:

Random Notes:

*It's 08-08-08! End of the world. Chos!
*Went to Cavite for Travel Show. Cameraman me! Suuubrang kapagod.
*Despedida party on Sunday for my sister. She’s going to Canada…for good. Haay!
*I now have a portable dvd player. Saya!
*Of course, I bought new dvds. Mostly horror. Bwahahaahh!
*Watched ‘My Sassy Girl’. Nice nice! Sobrang enjoy. Hmmm…

8 comments:

Meng August 10, 2008 at 1:42 AM  

oh noes. kamukha mo ate mo. girl version of jhong. :)

jhong August 10, 2008 at 3:29 AM  

@meng: really?! i don't think so. ahahaha! grrrrr....

Anonymous August 10, 2008 at 5:07 AM  

may hawig nga kayo!=p hahahha!=) xa b yung pupunta ng canada? hehe...

nway, soulmate nkkrelate aq s blog m hehe...cguro nga confidence lng kailangan but i think before anything else, we should first feel good about ourselves. =) kasi parang chain reaction na yan e if you feel good about yourself, then eventually it will show outside hehe...tska dpt over all, beauty inside and out nga sb ni dawn zulueta sa myra e hahaha!=)) pero seriously, we should not be just concerned with our outside appearance dpt inside beautiful dn tyo!=) inner beauty ba!=p hehe..sana makapulot k ng something s cnb q hehe...God bless!(^_^)v

Anonymous August 11, 2008 at 6:05 AM  

shit jhong, tama yung entry mo. baket? baket? *self-pity mode. ahaha.

itatake ko rin yan- confidence chuchuva. hahaha.

gwapo ka jhong!! believe me.

jhong August 11, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

@esfrey: soulmate, thanks for taking the time in enlightening me. wuhooo! love you and dawn zulueta!!! ahahahahha

jhong August 11, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

@julie: tama na yang self-pity mode! ahahah! will exude appeal eventually.

Anonymous August 23, 2008 at 8:24 PM  

asan ba dito ung sinasabi mong blog sakin?ahahaha..i agree with pen jhongy....confidence lang talaga...pag nagkita tau tanung mo sakin kung sino ang inspirasyon ko....ehehehe gsto ko narin kc magkaruon ng confidence eh....and ung taong un tinutulungan nia ko mging confident kahit xa aware ehehehe.....kamukha mo ate mo swear-rayne

jhong August 24, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

@rayne: thanks babe! sige sabihin mo sakin sa wednesday ah? exciting. hahahah! kelangan mo talaga maging confident. sayang, ganda mo pa naman. yon eh! ahahah!

About The Writer


Jhong Valencia spends most of his time surfing the net, downloading tv series, watching movies, writing blog entries, reading books, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. He's 21 years old.