nineteen

Nineteen starts tomorrow. I don’t know how I feel exactly. I guess I’m happy that I’ll be a year older. I have nothing against it unlike other people who complain about getting older. It actually gives me a great feeling. Confidence, I guess. I feel wiser. I feel more mature. I feel experienced. I feel that I can overcome any problems. Shoot.

Whenever my birthday comes, I have this unconscious habit of reflecting what my life has become. Have I learned anything? Have I really been wiser? More mature? Experienced? It’s hard to answer life questions. It’s even more painstakingly difficult to analyze who you are and what you have become. Only the people around you can make you realize that. I know one thing though and that is I know more.

I am babbling, sorry. Words escape me. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I am scared of what nineteen is going to give me, what experiences I would have at this age and what lessons I would learn along the way. And yet I can’t also wait for nineteen, to give me the excitement I’ve been longing forever, the friendships that would grow even more, and the love that has long been waiting for me at the end of this road.

Ah, to be a teenager! The last chapter in this part of my life.

Here’s to nineteen!

*Will watch Lea Salonga’s Cinderella tomorrow. With Ate Lecky. CCP.
*Will celebrate my birthday on Sunday.
*Papa’s home. He bought me a pair of shades with a built-in mp3 player. Cool subra!
*Chocolates overload. Eeeek! Never had a sweet tooth.
*Currently reading “A Million Little Pieces” by James Frey. Addicted! Pun intended for those who know the book.
*Current LSS: Old School Alanis Morissette. “Head Over Feet” is really is it! Ahaha!
*The week of No Classes. Boredom. I’d rather go to class. Weird me.
*Didn’t smoke from Sunday to Wednesday. Nakakagigil!
*New casing for my phone. Yey! 411: I had my phone since I was in 4th year High School. Antique na ‘to sakin. Attached na ko. Hehe!
*With Shandy last Wednesday. Saya!

17 comments:

Meng August 21, 2008 at 10:41 PM  

yeah! first ako :) haha lubusin mo na ang last year ng teenage fun jhonger. :) advance happy birthday :p hindi ko naman na-feel na walang klase halong buong linggo. huw. i'm always in school. @_@

oi ang cool nung shades plus mp3 player. i want one too! :)

Anonymous August 22, 2008 at 2:54 AM  

Hay jhong, tatanda ka na naman...advance happy bday...!!!! I sooo missss youuuuu!!!!

When was the last time i read your blog?! parang ang tagal na...Baka maging mas madalas ang pagbasa ko ng blog since hindi na tyo classmates....para updated diba?!

At dahil diyan, basahin mo naman ang blog ko...promote, promote na!!!!

http://walaakopakialam.livejournal.com

MISSHHOOOO!!!!

Anonymous August 22, 2008 at 5:13 AM  

advance happy nineteenth, jhong!!! tanjoubi omedetou. hahaha. :D

Anonymous August 22, 2008 at 6:41 AM  

Jhong! Happy birthday tomorrow! May you bless us with lots of drinks/ overflowing liquor!

Yeah! \m/

God bless!

penge chocolates!

-Lou

Anonymous August 23, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

shit cool naman nung pasalubong ng tatay mo ahahha....ako nga nakakahiya mag nineteen..wala kc akong pantreat sa mga friends eh.hehehehe...kamusta ung cinderella?-rayne

Anonymous August 24, 2008 at 4:25 AM  

hehehe happy birthday ulit!=) ang cool ng shades mo! i wanna see! dalhin m nmn one tym..hehe...kmzta yung cinderella? buti ka pa 19 k pa lang, hay nako alam m b aq malapit n mg20 tsk tsk...wala na sa teens huwhuw...=C

jansuing August 24, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

hey jhong sorry for the late greeting! i really dunno what to say.. errr... (mind-stuttering)... wish u find your summum bonum and i wish u wisdom esp. when making decisions and sorting things out. i know things between us have been very confusing lately, i just want u to choose and do what u want. you deserve to be happy. just remember what charles bellow (hope i spelled it right) said: LIVE. again, sorry. take care ^^

jansuing August 24, 2008 at 8:45 AM  

oh and u may have noticed by now that i actually mimicked your 'random notes' hahahaha. ^____^

jhong August 24, 2008 at 6:07 PM  

to everyone who greeted me a happy birthday, salamat sa inyong lahat!

love you guys! mwah =)

Anonymous August 25, 2008 at 5:00 AM  

burp. tubeeeegggg! Ü

jhong August 25, 2008 at 5:26 AM  

@pen/kat: what's with the slash? ahahaha! bat ka nag-burp? wtf

Anonymous August 25, 2008 at 6:08 AM  

trip ko lang. kasi, na-realize kong this is a free country and pwede kang gumamit ng 2 0r more na nicknames separated by a slash. in other words, pake mo?

anyway, kaya ako nag-burp kasi nabusog mata ko. hahahahha.

Anonymous August 25, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

jhong, patry nung mp3 shades. cool! Ü

jhong August 25, 2008 at 6:47 PM  

@pen with all the slashes: galeng! ahahaha! dami mong sinabi!

jhong August 25, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

@julie: cge. nasa dorm lang naman un eh. ahahahah!

Anonymous August 26, 2008 at 11:01 AM  

mas madami pa ding sinasabi si gelo! e, kasi... in fairnessssssss, you handled things very well. good job ka talaga. i am so proud of you!

p.s.

di mo ba napapansin, ang dami kong identities dito sa blog mo! dapat ganon ka din!

jhong = antukin.

jhong August 30, 2008 at 6:01 AM  

@katrina: zzzzzzzzzzzz! antukin me.

About The Writer


Jhong Valencia spends most of his time surfing the net, downloading tv series, watching movies, writing blog entries, reading books, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. He's 21 years old.