someone better

I was listening to RX once again and the topic for their top ten of the day was “the difficult choices of your life.” One guy texted: I think I found my soulmate, my one great love. But the thing is I have a girlfriend of eight years. Though we’re not really having any problems, I just think that I would be happier with the other girl. Should I break up with my girlfriend and pursue the other girl or should I stay with my girlfriend and forever wonder what could’ve been?

Those were not his words exactly. I just rephrased it but you get the drift, right? Anyway, if I would be in the same situation, I probably would’ve gone crazy at this very moment. Mahirap talaga solusyonan ang ganyang problema. You really don’t know what choice to take and what decision to make.

I have never been in love. It’s true. All I had were what I call “Extreme Infatuation” which lasted for a month or two. So whatever opinion I will give about this issue are not based from any experience and should not be taken so seriously. I just want to give my two cents on the issue.

I have a couple of friends who broke up with their respective boyfriends because they thought that the other guys they found were better than the previous ones. Is this the right mindset?

Joe D’ Mango’s statement comes to mind: Love is not finding someone better. It is staying with the one you found and making it work.

True.

But there is a dilemma: What if the other girl IS REALLY your soulmate and that you would really be happier with her, what would you do?

MY OPINION: You can never be sure if the other girl is your soulmate. The fact remains that no matter what happens, you will always find someone better. You can say that I am siding with Joe D’ Mango because, what the hell, he is the MAN when it comes to love. But what he said is definitely true. You also have to take into consideration the feelings of your current girlfriend. Kawawa naman siya. She’s not perfect and so is the other girl you found. And that other girl you found have flaws that you may not like as well. Pareho lang din! I think all you need is to make things more fun with your current girlfriend. Spice things up. Do activities you’ve never done before. Make it exciting once again. Get that ‘kilig’ factor just like the first time. Remember what you love about your girlfriend in the first place. Go from there.

THE VERDICT: Forget the other girl. Stay with your girlfriend. Make it work. Spark things up.

In the end, you’ll realize that you’ve just made the right choice!

Random Notes:

* Pwede ko na ata palitan si Joe D’ Mango. Career ito!
* I am now sporting the ‘gay hairstyle’. You know, the one with the quasi-Mohawk with the side bangs and stuff. Gets? Gelo made me do it. He’s making me gayer everyday. I love it, though. It’s Siriano-fierce!
*Speaking of Gelo, he introduced me to a guy last Wednesday whose name is Patrick Valencia. Same as mine. The catch is…he’s gay too. Grabe! That is so COINCIDENCE INCARNATE. Sorry for using ‘incarnate’ once again. I know it’s getting old. Can’t help it. Sorry. Ang galing kasi! Sobrang coincidence.
* Maligno’s pilot was exceptional. I got to see Rafael Rossel’s butt crack for a split second. I wonder how it passed the MTRCB’s standards.
* My iPod has a new case and it’s purple. Ang bakla talaga!
* I bought new dvds of “Love In The Time Of Cholera”, Seasons 3 and 4 of “Project Runway” and Seasons 3, 4 and 5 of “Will and Grace.” Marathon na!
*Uno prelim grade ko sa Finance. Fair enough. Yabang. Ahahaha!
*Failed to watch “Manay Po 2”. Meron pa ba? My mom keeps bugging me to watch “When Love Begins…” with her. Eh ayoko talaga nun eh!
*Nag-report na kami ni eng blockmate ko. Okay naman. Hihi!
*MAY na! Grabe, time flies by so fast.
*I hope either Jolas or Rona goes home tomorrow.

24 comments:

Anonymous May 1, 2008 at 5:01 PM  

Greetings again fellow cybernetic page chronicler...

It is my second voyage to sojourn your cybernetic habitation here in the behemoth locale of the internet.

I see that your newfangled opus of literature is verily residing on the momentous flank of life.

As far as I have comprehended in your articulations here in your cybernetic manuscript, I coincide with your utterance.

I am actually involved in that kind of footing rather lately, actually, when Ethan actually rose up to the horizon, he actually overshadowed Dodong in the process. I even articulated into my cerebellum that I see Ethan is far preferable than Dodong. Now, I am into the chains of abysmal confusion, hence frustration.

But Jhongie, I am grateful, that I have sojourned your cybernetic manuscripts and I encountered Illustrious, astounding, and insightful statements once more.

I will stick up with Dodong No matter what. I am in congruent with Joe D' Magno's Statement. I commend you Jhongster for making it possible in the horizon.

I agree, forget the other one. Period.

Wow Jhongie, I am blissful of your new hairstyle, so is that coincidental momentum with an individual bearing the same identity as yours, and with your status report with your eng'g classmate. Maybe he is your soulmate. YIKEE.

I commend you again Jhongie for possessing a 93 margin in your finance examination. Keep it up.

Until here fellow cybernetic scribe, I will once more sally forth to your cybernetic manuscript next Friday. Until then, valedictory statements for now.

INDAY WATCHING PBB WITH NEW NOKIA N76 MYTV.

Anonymous May 1, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

kakainis akala ko pa naman magiging first comment ever ako, hehehe :D

basta i love it jhong har. mamaya na para kong sabog sa comment na to :DD

jhong May 2, 2008 at 1:58 AM  

@Inday?: hoy, ang landi mo ha! may pa-ethan ethan ka pa jan. dinugo pa ko sa comment mo. anyway, you're right. stay with dodong. baka siya na ang "the one" mo. At talaga naman tinukso mo pa ko kay eng guy. anyway, uno prelim grade ko sa finance. in-edit ko na! yeah! sobrang nagulat kasi ako eh.

salamat sa comment.

ngapala, linisin mo yung kwarto ko mamaya. madumi na.

loveyah!

jhong May 2, 2008 at 1:59 AM  

@Julie: hayaan mo, kahit hindi ikaw ang unang nakapag-comment, ikaw naman ang aking first reader. at may pre-reading talaga ako noh? sosyalan!

Anonymous May 2, 2008 at 5:52 AM  

*round of applause*

true, true..hindi ako cheesy when it comes to love and I also do not believe with the whole soulmate thing...*eh ano ngayon?* haha

(if I was put in the same situation) I think I would spend a day or two with each girl, then make a conclusion at the end of the week..haha..experiment?! Ang hirap mamili! It IS hard! Hard like my....................ankles! XD


Ang yabang..pa uno uno na lang sa finance!


Sana sabay na lang umalis si Jolas at Rona bukas!

Anonymous May 2, 2008 at 5:55 AM  

-Christopher Hot! (ako yung sa eralier post)

haha..and (true, true was referring) to your verdict..XD

Anonymous May 2, 2008 at 6:03 AM  

Wushoo Lou.. Jelly.. hahahaha...

Kayo na?

Meng May 2, 2008 at 8:20 AM  

AGREE JHONG :) di pa rin ako naiinlove. and sana wag naman ako matrap sa ganong situation.. haha.. si gelo talaga ang dameng kilala! ang galing naman nung same name at same gender kayo hehehe :)

nga pala! nood ka na lang ng PLONING instead of When Love Begins. :) 2 thumbs up! Kung marami pa akong thumbs, itataas ko silang lahat dahil sa ploning! hahaha!

jhong May 2, 2008 at 6:19 PM  

@christopher hot: ano ka "the bachelor"?!?! talagang mamimili ka nalang at the end of the week. ang tigas talaga ng ankles mo! pati yung akin, napakatigas. ang galing ko sa finance noh? ahahah!

@anonymous: ay talagang may issue? hoy kat! ahahaah!

@meng: hay nako, dami nga kakilala ni gelo. buong AB! aahahah! ay nako, napanood ko nayung "When Love Begins..." kahapon. disappointing! same same.

jhong May 2, 2008 at 10:36 PM  

@kat: sorry, akala ko ikaw ung nag-comment. well, ayon kay lou feeling nya si kirby. kaya kirby, grrr! ahahaha!

Anonymous May 2, 2008 at 10:43 PM  

Ang titigas ng ankles niyo. hahaha. ;) I want to see your hair jhong!

Tama ka nga naman, if you already have a current gf (or BF) stick with him. Just make things more interesting. Try something Like bondage, roleplay, use costumes... ;) Teka, iba sinasabi ko. Pang cosmo ung advice ko. haha

Anonymous May 3, 2008 at 12:17 AM  

sbi q, kung sila na ni Jelly.. hahaha..

Anonymous May 3, 2008 at 12:35 AM  

♥CHANDRA said...

Aww. you know what? i so agree. When you're committed with someone already, you're not supposed to look for another partner, right? and besides, having second thoughts about your current relationship is normal. especially if it's already an 8 year relationship! Ged. Anyway, i think the "other" girl's a bitch. Hahaha. (bitter.)

Jhong may i see your hair??? may i? may i? i wanna see!

Benta yung sinabi mong Gelo is making you gayer everyday! BWAHAHAHA! uy freaky yung kapangalan mo. nge. haha. miss you jhong.

jhong May 3, 2008 at 12:42 AM  

@pacific: sorry kung ang tigas ng ankles namin. hehe! tama yung sinabi mo, dapt mag-roleplay sila like slave and master with matching whip. wapow!

@kirby: maglagay ka kasi ng name. hihihih! sila na ba? uy, chismax

@chandra: funny ka! tlga may "chandra said" pa. i love it. like what you said, normal nga talaga ung conflicts na ganyan lalo na kung matagal na kau.

wala akong pic ng hair ko e. pero ang hot! yuck, nagbuhat talaga ng sariling bangko. but it's true. ahahahah!

miss u chands!

Anonymous May 3, 2008 at 3:16 AM  

yes, I totally agree jhong. We did that once, with my fling. hahaha. ;) It was fun. hahaha

Anonymous May 3, 2008 at 5:45 AM  

yeah yeah your ryt...and nde naman natin masasabing soulmate natin ang isang tao hanggang wala pa taung happy ending hehehe...dapat try mo talaga sa iyong present relationship ehehe..pero kung talagang d ka na msaya at ayaw na magwork wag ng pilitin...pero d dapat maging dahilan ung feeling nea soulmate nea para maghiwalay sila...anyway..sino si inday..parang si kirbs naman un ahahha nd naman ata si chris ahahaha....may mga guapo kaba nakilala??pakilala mo ko!ahahah miss you

Anonymous May 3, 2008 at 8:51 AM  

■ Christopher said...

(haha..ginaya ko si chands..)

@Rayne: Hoy Raynette, tumigil ka..binigyan ka na ni colet, make it work..wahahaha..hindi nga ako si inday, wala namang nagsabi ah..haha..loko you! XD

@Kirby: Hindi kami ni jelly..we're just really close..issue you! haha!


hahaha..blog ko 2? XD

jhong May 3, 2008 at 11:52 PM  

@pacific: weh? haha! kwento. harhar

@rayne: habe ng comment ah. sobrang substantial. based form experience? hmmmm.

dami kong nakilalang gwapo. puro bakla! u want?

@christopher: sige na, hindi na ikaw si inday!

yihee! jelly! fubu yan ni lou. aahahahhh!

blog mo?

Anonymous May 4, 2008 at 8:17 AM  

si lou mai pektyur kasama ang lablayp.. at may ebidensya ako.. bwahahahahahhaahhahaha...

minaminaann May 4, 2008 at 10:29 AM  

ayos un kaname mo ah.. :P heheh

miss you jhong! :) naiintriga ako sa hair mo!!! hehe

jhong May 5, 2008 at 2:17 AM  

@kirby: nakita ko narin yan noh! bwahahha!

@carmina: uy, i miss u tooooo! suuubbbrrraa! hihi. anyway, there's really nothing special with my new hair. iba lang yung style pero mostly same same lang din.

Anonymous May 5, 2008 at 5:04 AM  

@lour-hahaha im trying heehehhe pero habang d pa talaga work maglalandi muna ko ahahaha.....joke

@jhong-ahaha alam mo naman ako nakikiblog sa blog mo ahah ala kc dumadalw sa blog ko eh ahahaha..wala dn akong mapost na bago..

jhong May 6, 2008 at 2:04 AM  

@rayne: yes, maglalandi muna daw o! dalaga na.

CRY!

NOW!

ahahaha!

blog mo?

hihi!

post ka na kasi ng bago eh.

Anonymous May 14, 2008 at 9:12 AM  

wala kc kong topic eh...tska d katulad ng blog mo blog ko...eto lage dndalaw ahahahha..bitter me ahahahah love u jhong

About The Writer


Jhong Valencia spends most of his time surfing the net, downloading tv series, watching movies, writing blog entries, reading books, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. He's 21 years old.