change

Being yourself may not be the best thing to do especially if “yourself” is not a very good person. I’ve been trying constantly to change who I am physically and emotionally, not because I’m tired of being myself but because it is what society dictates me to do. I am gay and people always have the stereotypes of what a gay guy should look like. No, it’s not the cross-dressing part or the make-up and wigs. Since society itself has changed, it now associates gays with new things. It’s the hair, the tight-fitting shirt, the skinny jeans and the pouting whenever a camera is present. This is how gays look like today. The funny thing is that all hot gay guys look exactly the same. It’s like a scientist made clones for everyone to enjoy.

RoboGay: Hi, I’m a hot gay guy. I’ll be your entertainer for today!

Which bring us to what Gelo said to me, “Kaya walang lumalandi sa’yo eh. Mukha ka paring lalaki.” Friends have always said this to me. I don’t fit the norm of gay people. But then again, my voice always gives me away. Once I open my mouth and talk, people would know that I am indeed gay. But what if I don’t talk at all?

For a moment, I tried to fit in to the gay box. I did a makeover to myself with the help of Gelo and somehow we all thought it worked. Ginela would always tell me, “Oy, that (gay) guy is looking at you. Kilig!” and my assuming self agreed. I enjoyed it. It was of course an ego booster in every angle.

After a while, I got really tired of it all. It’s exhausting to be someone that you’re really not. It seemed like I was part of a play that would never end. Inside of me was a voice that wanted to shout, “Close the fucking curtains already! I’m done.”

It wasn’t me. I always thought of myself as someone who just wanted to be with my friends and hang-out. It is okay to meet new people but growing relationships with the one you already have is much more valuable.

I remember what Reverie said about another person who was greeting a lot of people, “Kaibigan kasi ‘yan ng bayan eh.”

And then last Wednesday while on our way to Gateway, Chandra said, “Mag-bar ka kasi para makahanap ka na ng boylet.” The thing is I am not a bar person and I am probably the most boring person to be in a bar with. First, I’m a morning person. I am most likely to be the first one to pull my friends away and ask to go home. Second, I TRY (I’m not saying I don’t) not to drink and smoke. Third, I don’t want to meet a guy in a bar. I guess it’s just me but I don’t think it’s the most romantic place to meet someone.

People say that the only constant thing in this world is change. This is probably true but only if the change you undergo is for the better. I am not saying that I am better than the gay guys who fit the norm because I am clearly not. I just don’t want to lose myself through the process. I did all the changes so that I could find my “someone” already and I don’t want that. I don’t want to change for a person. I just want to be loved for who I am.

Eh bat ikaw...

Would you change for someone to love you?

Random Notes:

*I was a bit disappointed with the last episode of Your Song. Though it had a pseudo-happy ending, it wasn’t the ending I wanted. Kulang. Bitin.
*The new McDo commercial is just plain kadiri especially the part where he tried to drink the water spurting out of the car.
*I am loving “My Girl”. Even if all of them look like cartoons, I think Kim is doing very well with her character. I’m glad she’s pulling it off. Kahit minsan OA na pero 'yun talaga siguro yung hinihingi ng role niya.
*Addicted to Amy Winehouse. Kahit durugista, okay lang. Ganda ng songs!
*It was really weird asking my blockmates their new sections. Ang sakit sa puso!
*While on our way home from Gateway, Kat and I saw a huge billboard of Chris Tiu modeling Hanford. He was just wearing a black sando. The biceps mhen-->Makalaglag panty at brief, makapigtas bra, makatulo mens. Lahat na! Ang amo pa ng mukha niya, mukhang masarap alagaan. Joke.
*I wanna watch Sex and the City so badly. I was big fan of the show when it was still airing on HBO. I miss Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and of course Samantha! Okay, I just want to see Jason Lewis again. Rawr! Will watch next week after I enroll para may kick back. Sa Alabang nalang siguro ako manonood para sundo ni mama. Yipee!
*I opened my Friendster profile for everyone. Wala namang sikreto dun eh. Search niyo ko ah: “Jhong Valencia”. Add me up. Yey!
*Thank You to Esfrey, Meann, Vanie, Tere and Kat for the ego boosters last Wednesday. Sige na Kat, feeler na ko. Haha!
*Sabi ni Lou, sumingkit daw ako lalo. Waaaah! wala na kong mata.
*Miss ko na comments ni cely, liz at tonton. Busy na siguro sila kasi lapit na pasukan.
*It’s the last Friday of May.
*June, here I come. Parang hinihintay ako ni June ah. Ngye corny!

19 comments:

Anonymous May 30, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

Jhong!

I uber miss you and your blog! Huw..I'm busy with school and school stuffs, that's why I wasn't able to comment on your previous posts..I think that's the same with liz and tonton..they're busy attending seminars in australia(tonton) and cavite(liz)..see what I mean!?

Great post, btw..you're doing the right thing..trying different stuffs but you realize things that you're more comfortable with..I've tried din that before eh, nagpaka guy ako for tdays and then girls start running over me, kamukha ko daw kasi si Michael V. yari ka! XD

Mcdo commercials are weird but kind of catchy! Yeah! I so love My Girl too! Amy Whinehouse is so my type that we look like twins! Droga men!
Search me too in friendster: cely_sexy_princess_gone_wild@hotmale.com
add me up, ha! thanks in advance!

XOXO
CELY WITH UBER HIGH BOOTS MADE FOR WALKING AND LOVIN' CHRIS TIU-PA! JOKE! XD

Anonymous May 30, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

Jhong...I agree...kadiri ng mga commercial ng MCDO ngayon...I don't know what's with that....

Alam mo you're Ok naman kahit hindi ka magbago or you don't stick with the stereotypes...Ganyan ka namin nakilala eh...and Its ok...there's nothing wrong if you don't do with the typical things... mas ok nga kasi you're unique...mamimiss ko ung jacket mo...SOBRA!!!! hahaha...basta take of yourself ah...wag magpapabaya...and always pray to God for some enlightenment...I'm always here if you need help or just someone to talk to...Tama na nga, baka maiyak na ako...hahaha...I will miss you Jhong....

jhong May 30, 2008 at 7:11 PM  

@cely: OMG! i'm so happy na nag-comment ka ulit sakin. siguro nga sobrang busy sina tonton at liz. bat nasa cavite si liz? ahahah!

i'm so sorry that being a guy didn't work out for you. i guess it's for the best. maybe a lot of guys are just thankful that you are in this world to spread your hotness as a woman.

Sama niyo din ako sa pot sessions niyo ni amy. close?

I love chris tiu-pa den! wuhoo! bastos mo ma'am. nirerespeto pa naman kita. tsk.

jhong May 30, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

@celine: oh no! sobrang nakaka-touch naman yang comment ko. i'm happy that you love me just the way i am. huhu! hayaan mo, kahit di na tayo blockmates, papahiram ko parin sau jacket ko. hihihihi!

Meng June 1, 2008 at 12:07 AM  

i like you just the way you are jhongers!haha. you don't have to pretend to be someone you're not. sya nga pala, i want to see sex and the city too! been watching that since grade 6 hahaha!

dapat manonood ako nung friday but i ended up watching "21" instead. anyhoo. i adore amy too! astig nga eh. siguro mas nagiging creative siya pag high. haha! see you next wk!
=)

jhong June 1, 2008 at 1:51 AM  

@meng: napanood ko na sex and the city. kanina lang. soooooobbraaaaaaannnnnnngggggg ganda! that's still an understatement. i love et.

amy's the best. download mo ung "love is a losing game" and "you know i'm no good". wuhooo!

see yah next week. will enroll tom. yeah!

Anonymous June 1, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

gwapo ka na! tama na. haha. ;)

jhong June 2, 2008 at 1:55 AM  

@pacific: oo na. tama na nga! ahahah!

Anonymous June 3, 2008 at 5:51 AM  

you're welcome jhOng!=) gwapo m tlga! love yOu! hahaha!=p sakit tlga s puso mgtanong kung nu section ng original ca1...mejo nalulungkot p dn ako bwt s reshuffling n yan...hehe..

jhong June 4, 2008 at 12:19 AM  

@esfrey: yan ka na naman! haha. ang sakit talaga sa puso. blockmates parin tayo infairness. kitakits sa friday ah.

Anonymous June 4, 2008 at 5:58 AM  

jhong, i think the reason why we love you is because you are the person you are now. siuro kung nag-stick ka with those stereotypes, medyo back-off kami.

kaya maraming comfortable sayo kasi you are different in a good light - kung cross-dresser ka siguro at sobrang alam mo yun?, hindi kami magiging close sayo kasi syempre alam mo naman, discriminating din kame haha.

--- ang jologs, seryus ko. wag na.

normal julie: jhong ang daya mo! nanuod ka na ng sex in the city! di ako nanunuod nun pero wala eh, ang ganda ng mga damit ni sjp kaya gusto ko rin. sa pasukan! sassy girl? nanuod ka ba nun? kahit starbs nlang cge! ;)

salamat nga pala sa mga comments, hehe. lovessssss youuuuuuuu haha!

Anonymous June 4, 2008 at 6:07 AM  

gusto ko ng boy culture.. hahaha.. at deception.. haha.. =]

jhong June 4, 2008 at 8:43 PM  

@julie: salamats sa napakahabang comment ah. i appreciate it. loves yah! watch ka na sex and the city. kahit hindi mo pinanood yung series, you'll still love it. super nice!

sassy girl and starbs are fine with me. go go go!

jhong June 4, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

@nakiki-usyoso: deception? un ba ung kay ewan mcgregor and hugh jackman? parang ayoko non eh.

boy culture pwede pa. i missed it when it was still showing. sayang!

jhong June 4, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

@nakiki-usyoso: sabi ko na nga ba ikaw si kirby eh. ur so manlilinlang. ahahaha!

Anonymous June 4, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

linlangero talaga yang si kirby! hmmm, papaalam pa ko kay mommy bukas kung papayagan nya kong lumuwas ng commute. tapos wala rin pa kong madadala, magiisip pa ko incase payagan ako hehe :)) popcorn na lang kaya? hahaha.

jhong June 5, 2008 at 12:51 AM  

@julie: sige popcorn nalang. ahahah!
punta ka ah. uy, baka di na tuloy ung pag-dorm ko kainis. hindi kasi nagpaparamdam si gelo kaya bka wala na akong kasama. waaaaaaaahhhhh!

Anonymous June 5, 2008 at 5:46 PM  

bkit wala ko sa mga ego boosters mo...tampo na me...ahaha yuck ang pampam....ung s mcdo comercial oo.....kamusta naman at maalikabok pa ung itlog na niluto nia sa taas ng kotc nia ...ahahha i uber love maam cely ahahahha the best tlaga.....and jhong mahal kita kung anu ka....lalo na ang mga jokes mo...kahit corny bsta kaw nagsasabi alam mong tatwa ako ahaha..love yah

jhong June 6, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

@rayne: kahapon mo lang ako binigyan ng ego booster eh. ahahaha! hoy, update ka naman ng blog.

About The Writer


Jhong Valencia spends most of his time surfing the net, downloading tv series, watching movies, writing blog entries, reading books, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. He's 21 years old.