someone

I know I was a ‘downer’ last week. I’m okay now. Fine. Now that it is done, I’m starting to feel again the February vibe: the Valentine’s vibe! I don’t have anyone. Ha! Shocker! I have always waited and I know that everyone says that the time will come eventually. I know it will come. I believe it will come. I hope that it will come. Oo na! Cheesy na ako…hopeless romantic. Lahat na! I always wonder and fantasize what it would be like to have that special person in your life, to have that SOMEONE...


Someone who would put his arms around me at night.

Someone who would not go to school to take care of me because I’m sick.

Someone who would surprise me with a book I’ve been looking for a long time, proclaiming he bought it at an expensive price, later confessing that he just found it in Booksale.

Someone who would make sure that I went home safely.

Someone who would ask me if everything’s alright.

Someone who would watch indie films with me at rob galle and say that he never understood what the story was about.

Someone who would give me a shirt as a gift because he knows how much I hate shopping.

Someone who would quit smoking and drinking because I told him to.

Someone who would still have time for his own family and friends.

Someone who would work hard to get ahead on his chosen career.

Someone who would watch chick flicks with me and say that it was better than the indie film we saw.

Someone who would tell me that I need to take a bath because I stink.

Someone who would fart and deny that it was him.

Someone who would offer me the last bite of his yumburger with tlc.

Someone who would tell me that I look better than the guys we would pass by in the mall.

Someone who would hold my hand in public and not care what other people think.

Someone who would constantly deny that he likes Mariah Carey but knows by heart the lyrics of Fantasy, Dreamlover, Always Be My Baby, Honey, Heartbreaker and We Belong Together.

Someone who would hug me so tight like he wouldn’t want me to let go.

Someone who would give me a soft and quick kiss like we were doing it and would do it for the rest of our lives.

Someone who would get along and joke around with my friends.

Someone who would write sweet notes and slip it inside my books.

Someone who I would argue with over petty things and say our sorries afterwards.

Someone who would sit with me in silence, no words needed, just enjoying the fact that we’re together.

Someone who would cook for me the best spaghetti in the world.

Someone who would laugh at himself because of an embarrassing moment he had.

Someone who would make me feel safe in his company.

Someone who would never cease to amaze me.

Someone who would still force a smile even at the most miserable moment of his life.

Someone who would watch all the episodes of Grey’s Anatomy just because I keep talking about it.

Someone who would introduce me to everyone as his lover, partner and friend.

Someone who would say that my joke is ‘corny’ but laughs incessantly.

Someone who would tell me that I’m getting skinnier even if the truth is that I am really gaining weight.

Someone who would rather spend his time with me than go to Boracay with his colleagues.

Someone who would wake me up in the morning so that I wouldn’t be late for class.

Someone who would say ‘I love you’ in the middle of the day for no apparent reason.

Someone who would text me and ask if I already ate and if I hadn’t, he would look for me with a take-out from Jollibee.

Someone who would say that he loves me whenever I feel like the biggest loser in the world.

Someone who would wipe my sweat because I perspire profusely.

Someone who would dance with me even if he has two left feet.

Someone who would sing for me even if he doesn’t know how to carry a tune.

Someone who would look at me intently and smile.

Someone who would love me for who I am, what I do and what I believe in.

Someone who would spend the rest of his life with me.


Random Notes:

*Ang cheesy talaga! Sorry.
*My hair’s growing out. It’s starting to scare me.
*I’ve been reading a lot of books lately. Kinda weird. I’m beginning to read at least one book every week.
*Finished ‘The Virgin Suicides’. After reading the book, I went to Quiapo right away to buy the dvd. Ang hirap hanapin! I got one after several minutes of roaming around.
*AB Week. Di ako apektado.
*Belated Happy Birthday Ma'am Cely!!! Ayan ha, BINATI ko na si ma'am.

15 comments:

Anonymous February 7, 2008 at 5:57 PM  

aba ako ang nauna. ok so ano ba ang ma-cocomment ko? actually hindi ko ren alam. cheesy as chiz whiz ang entry mo jong. ilang beses mo reng nabanggit ang jollibee at dapat magbayad sila sayo for advertisement! haha. well at least alam na NIYA kung paano ka i-please di ba! like spaghetti, mariah, films at losing weight.

jhong February 8, 2008 at 12:42 AM  

@margee: wowowee! nauna ka nga noh. first time. well, fave ko talaga jollibee, kahit ano pang sabihin nila. haahhaha! dapat may bayad na toh.

Meng February 8, 2008 at 2:47 AM  

awww. sana ako rin makahanap ng ganyan! (pero parang non-existent eh), ayos lang maging cheesy paminsan jhong, haha... =)

in time.. matatagpuan rin natin sila jhong. hehe! mwah!

Anonymous February 8, 2008 at 3:23 AM  

jong peram virgin suicides!!

Anonymous February 8, 2008 at 4:26 AM  

Unang una sa lahat ay nagpapasalamt ako dahil BINATI mo ako jhong...thank you so much for that! I felt young, alive and kickin'! I would also like to thank the whole class for the song that was sang by you, guys a while ago. It was really really great! It even sounded like the 'happy birthday' of click five! Awesome!

Anyway, with regards to your blog..it was kinda cheesy but tolerable though..Naka connect pa nga ako kasi naalala ko yung love life ko before, not long ago..mga 4 years na ang nakakaraaan, 17 pa lang ako noon..he was the 'someone' that every woman would die for..His name is 'Alpo' and we had a realtionship..pero hindi nagtagal kasi...huhuhuhu...*breakdown*..d ko na kaya, next time ko na lang itutuloy...

I would just like to wish you goodluck for the whole month of love and I also hope that you would meet your someone soon!

Thanks again for the greeting and the song! Paheram din ako ng 'virgin suicides!' nakakarelate din ako e..thanks!

-CELY

Anonymous February 8, 2008 at 6:21 AM  

you'll find that someone.. :) wag ka magalala. maghintay ka lang

pero as for me, naghihintay prn ako ng someone. haha parang trial and error naman kasi minsan eh! ahahah

goodluck!!

jhong February 8, 2008 at 8:08 PM  

@meng: non-existent nga eh. kelan kaya natin mahahanap siya?

@sha: sureness! kelan ba tayo magkikita ulit?

@cely: thanks ma'am! kumpleto na naman araw ko dahil sa comment mo. sorry about your first love. alpo? parang aso lang ah. curious lang ako, pano kayo naka-relate sa virgin suicides? =)

@anonymous: sino ka? ahaha! einiwez, thanks sa comment. grabe naman yung trial and error. funny ka!

Anonymous February 9, 2008 at 5:50 AM  

awww..that someone...hope we find it soon..=) hehe...=]

jhong February 10, 2008 at 12:43 AM  

@esfrey: we will find him soon. hihihih!

Anonymous February 10, 2008 at 1:21 AM  

jhongy, cliche' man.. BASTA SOMEDAY.. :)
im just curious, bakit nakabold yung ibang phrases? heehee! :)

Anonymous February 10, 2008 at 1:22 AM  

si dartz pala ako. haha. :P

jhong February 11, 2008 at 1:16 AM  

@dartz: wow! c dartz ka pala. Someday! ahahah! yung iba naka-bold kasi yun yung mga mas meaningful at mas importante sakin. in-emphasize ko lang. =)

Anonymous February 11, 2008 at 3:41 AM  

mmm.. tama.. antay antay lng jongster.

Anonymous February 11, 2008 at 6:10 AM  

hay nako lahat naman ata ng loveless na gusto magkalovelyf ganyan ang pangarapness...oh well oh well ....sbay tau magantay

jhong February 12, 2008 at 12:38 AM  

@cookai: tamang hintay lang.

@rayne: thanks sa comment. love you! =)

About The Writer


Jhong Valencia spends most of his time surfing the net, downloading tv series, watching movies, writing blog entries, reading books, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. He's 21 years old.