the resolutions




It’s the second week of January. It’s a bit late to list my New Year’s Resolutions but I’m doing it anyway. I know a lot of people don’t do resolutions anymore because most of the time, they never come true. In my case though, I love having resolutions. It just means that I want to become a better person every year or at least try to become a better person. Plus, it’s fun. Wala nang pakialamanan!


10. Take my studies lightly.

People always have the opposite resolution, that they will try to study harder and get higher grades than before. Pero baliko talaga ako mag-isip. It’s not that I don’t value education. I do. It’s just that I don’t want it be the focus of my life because I believe that real life lessons are learned outside the four walls of a classroom. I always look forward to going to school just to see my friends. I also go to school to get a diploma and apply for a job. Don’t get me wrong, though. I love to learn new things. I love learning but I hate studying (Natalie Portman-ism). Haha! Good thing that my parents never pressured me to get high grades. As long as I pass, they’re okay. That’s the same from me. Basta huwag lang ako babagsak. I’m still a little scared with my Philo, Biology and English grades.

9. Continue my no-rice diet and my exercise routine.

I never weighed myself because I never really cared. But then again, when I learned that I reached 200 lbs. when I was 15, I knew I had to do something. I started working out. I did everything from MTV Grind to Cardio Kung Fu, to Yoga and Pilates and now, Hip-hop Abs. They seem to work with me. I like to do different stuffs because I get bored easily. When it comes to my diet, I started eating meals with no rice by March of 2006. It will be my 2nd year in two months. Yey! 135-140lbs. na ata ako ngaun. So I guess everything worked. 65lbs. is very hard to lose.

8. Be patient.

This is one flaw that I can really admit about myself. I hate waiting for people. This is the reason why most of the time, I’m always the one who’s late. Mas gusto kong ako ang hinihintay kaysa ako yung naghihintay. Maikli talaga pasensya ko. Sorry lang. Another instance is when I wait for things to come or to happen. I have always wished that Marco would come already because I’m tired of waiting for him. Who is Marco? He is what I call my future someone. Pinangalanan ko siya kasi wala akong magawa sa buhay ko. Again, walang pakialamanan! Haha! I really like the name Marco for a guy. I guess he will come when the time is right. I remember what my 4th year Physics teacher said, “I believe that there is that one person destined for you, given to you by God. Pray for him/her (in my case, him *hihi*) even if you haven’t met each other. Ask God to bless him already, make him well, make him a better person, make him learn from his mistakes, make him a good person, make him the man you’ve always wanted so that when the right time comes that you two meet, both of you are already prepared to build a relationship based on love and centered on God”. Lagi ko na siyang pinagdadasal from then on. Nice, nice!

7. Avoid cracking offensive jokes.


Minsan hindi ko talaga napapansin na nakakasakit na pala ako sa mga jokes ko. Sorry. There is an exception to this resolution and that is when it comes to professors, it is okay to joke offensively. Sky’s the limit. *evil laugh*.

6.Read a book at least once a month

I am not a voracious reader. Uy, naka synonym yan. Haha! I started to read novels when I was 12. I read the Harry Potter books, Nicholas Sparks, Paulo Coelho, Amy Tan, Lualhati Bautista (represent!), Helen Fielding, Alice Walker, and my collection of gay books. I would always write the date when I bought the book on the first page while the date when I finished reading it on the last page. I do that because it always seems like an adventure when I read books and every now and then, I look back on the pages and know when I had taken that journey with the characters. I also have this habit of underlining phrases and sentences that strike me the most. I like reading them all again and reflect the lessons I’ve learned from the book.

5. Be a good friend.

I love my friends so much and they’re very good to me. I want to pay them all back with same kindness. I will be a good listener. I will try my very best to give the greatest advice in the world. I will always be here. Mahal ko kayo! In line with this, I will also learn how to keep the secrets of my friends. I violated this resolution recently. I promise from now on that I will never ever tell someone’s secret to others. Sobrang nakaka-konsensya!

4. Be selfless.

Meaning, I will not be vain, conceited and self-absorbed. I don’t want to be shallow. Nakakababa yun ng pagkatao.

My mom is a hairdresser and we had our own parlor once. But when my mom got a job at a salon in Alabang, we had to dispose some of the things in our business. Of all the things she should’ve disposed, she kept three of our life-sized mirrors. They’re on three separate corners of our house. Kaya’t bawa’t lingon mo sa bahay ay makikita mo ang iyong sarili. Magiging vain ka talaga kahit ayaw mo. Kaya ngayon, pag nadadaanan ko yung mga salamin, yumuyuko nalang ako. Para akong gago.

I will also try not to be superficial in any way. There’s always more to a person than his looks. Looks fade, ika nga. Substance over form dapat. =) When people ask me what I want in a boyfriend, I always say that he has to be selfless, MAGALING MAGLUTO AT MAG-BAKE (hihi) and he doesn’t have to be good-looking. Okay na kahit cute lang. Ano naman gagawin ko sa gwapo? Magtititigan kami?

3. Be a good son and a good brother.

I love my family. I love my mom. She’s the most generous person I know. Alam niyo bang 300 pesos and baon ko araw-araw? I’m not bragging or anything; it just shows how giving my mother really is. Minsan kahit hindi naman ako humihingi, nagbibigay parin. Kaya minsan nakokonsensya ako. Most of the time, I think that I don’t deserve to be her son. She’s very understanding. Nakiki-ride pa sa mga jokes ko. I also love my three sisters. They are the most fun people in the world. Sobrang bait. Wala kang irereklamo. Kaya kapag kasama ko sila, halatang-halata na ako ang black sheep. Dati yung pangalawa kong ate ang black sheep kasi maaga nabuntis pero ngayon, ako na. Haha!

I’m not close with my father because he’s a seaman. Meaning, we rarely see each other. I will still try to be civil with him and I will do everything he asks me to.

2. Update this blog every Friday.

Pinagkalat ko na sa lahat na may blog ako kaya kailangan ko na talaga magsulat dito. I write my entries before Friday. Like this one, I’m writing it today which is a Wednesday because we have no classes (Nazareno). Then I will post it on Friday. Mas madali kapag ganun eh. By the way, I got 129 hits from 63 hosts since my first post last Friday. Yey!





AND NOW, MY NUMBER ONE RESOLUTION FOR THE YEAR 2008 IS…







1. I will never cut my hair and never shave any facial hair for the whole year.

I really don’t know why I’m doing this or if I can even do it. This is in line with my number four resolution which includes my goal to not be superficial. I shouldn’t care about the way I look. As long as I smell good, I’m okay. I will let every hair grow. I have no idea what I would end up looking like by the end of the year, maybe a modern homo erectus? Mabuhok pa naman ako. Haha! Good luck nalang sakin.



Random Notes:

*I hate the fact that Ruben won in Pinoy Big Brother. I was rooting for Gaby or Will and I wanted Riza to die and burn in hell. Dahil lang mahirap si Ruben kaya siya nanalo. Eh di sana wala nalang sila isaling mayaman. Kainis!
*Prelims next week, hafta study. Grrr!
*I finally watched “Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo” with Kat. The movie was good, even better than the first one. Gina Pareno is one hilarious actress. Ang galing! Kahit wala na si Judy Ann at Ryan sa movie, okay lang. By the way, me likey-likey the guy who played Judy Ann’s brother, AJ Perez. He’s too young, though: 14 years old. Oh no!
*Guys, comment kau! Kahit anonymous users pwede na. harhar!

24 comments:

Anonymous January 10, 2008 at 10:08 PM  

hoi.. ako gusto ko si riza e.. hmmff... -jeca

jhong January 10, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

@jeca: hindi pwede eh. sorry. kailangan talaga mawala sa mundo si riza.

Anonymous January 10, 2008 at 11:47 PM  

mmm... nice nice... maganda yang mga sinulat mo..

ay.. may blog nako. hahah


visit mo.. ^_^

Anonymous January 10, 2008 at 11:49 PM  

cookaitalusan.blogspot.com nga pala yun. ^_^

jhong January 11, 2008 at 12:17 AM  

@cookai: wowowee! i'm so happy na may blog ka narin. at cookaitalusan lang din ang name ha. maganda yan. para madaling tandaan. =)

Anonymous January 11, 2008 at 2:15 AM  

'There is an exception to this resolution and that is when it comes to professors, it is okay to joke offensively. Sky’s the limit. *evil laugh*.'


"tsssssssss tssss tssss tsssss"
translation:
"May joke ka ba tungkol sakin? Sana wala. At makinig ka na lang kapag Stat na dahil pahihirapan ko kayo after prelims!"

-Cely

Anonymous January 11, 2008 at 3:38 AM  

hahaha ung resolution mo na nde magsheshave ...so cool hahaha...ung dont crack offensive jokes dahil ba sakin un??hahaha yuck paranoid?! hahaha-rayne

Anonymous January 11, 2008 at 4:00 AM  

That of what Sir Dixie said was kept in my mind too. I did the same thing.

Btw, u had ur eyebrow pierced na? inggit ka naman saken bakla ka. haha. =D -sha

Anonymous January 11, 2008 at 5:36 AM  

jhong, nakakainspire naman yung new entry mo! meron kasi akong new years resolution na isa NA DI KO NATUPAD AGAD! nge. hahahah! ang aliw din ng ginagawa mo with the books. wala lang. nga pala, im looking forward with yung resolution mo with your hair. weeee. ONGA BALBONS KA!:) haha! -dartz

Anonymous January 11, 2008 at 6:19 AM  

Haha. I love the resolutions! OO nga naman, aanhin mo ang gwapo? Eh, ayaw mo ng mayaman? kailangan mayaman!

pacific_18 January 11, 2008 at 6:20 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous January 11, 2008 at 8:35 AM  

tama! ano naman ggwin sa gwapo.. sus.. hahah

anyway, goodluck sa di mo pagsheshave at di pagppahaircut.. :)

jhong January 11, 2008 at 7:50 PM  

@cely: "tsssssss"
translation: wala po akong joke tungkol sa inyo. sana uno ako sa stat.

@rayne: oo, dahil sa'yo yang resolution na yan. sori. ahahah! paranoid ka nga!

@sha: love na love ko si sir dixie. at oo, nainggit talaga ko sa'yo. idol! i missssss u na sooobbrraaa!

@dartz: salamat naman at na-inspire ka sa aking entry. charing! ahaha! gawin mo din un sa books mo para aliw. i'm so scared din sa aking number one resolution. baka di ko magawa. baka makati ulo ko eh. ehehehe!

@pacific: tama yan. hindi kailangan gwapo. mayaman? dapat! ahahahah!

@comment deleted: hoy! sino ka?!?!?! bat mo pa dinelete ung comment mo? epal u.

@anonymous: sino ka din? salamat na lamang sa suporta. harhar! =)

Anonymous January 11, 2008 at 9:16 PM  

Ü

Anonymous January 11, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

love your blOg!.. hehehe.. CA tlg. hehehe.. i can't believe n cnbe ni erpats yan! i do remember but i can't shove it into my mind n xa yan kc feeling ko ako ayaw ni pag asawahin.. i think he doesn't like the fact that i would meet that someone destined for me! ... hehehe well, jhong i just hope u at least make 3 of your resolutions a reality!,.. have a rockin 2008 pro sna wag mong gwin un no. 1 resolution mo

jhong January 11, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

@anonymous: takte ka kat! ilagay mo na yang pangalan mo sa smiley. nakakainis. ahaahah!

@laura: salamat sa comment. pakisabi kay sir dixie, miss ko na sya! sya talaga nagsabi nyan about soulmates and stuffs. sana nga may magawa ako sa resolutions. at sana pati ung number one magawa ko. hahahaahah!

Anonymous January 11, 2008 at 11:53 PM  

Jong!!

Una sa lahat, you are being weird! What is up with planning to grow your hair? I know that you plan on becoming less vain, but isn't letting your hair grow long a little too much? Mag-mukha kang Osama Bin Laden niyan, sige ka! Hahahahah! Joke lng, I LOVE YOU!!

Secondly, I can relate well with you at some point. I may have said in my blog that I'll study really hard this time, but I don't want studying to consume the whole of me. That's exactly what happened to me back in high school, and for that reason, I had absolutely no life at all. Pathetic, isn't it? So now that I've read your blog, I'll take studying lighter in some degree (but not to the point that I'll completely be indifferent with what's happening with my grades).
I didn't have a life back in high school, which is why I allow myself to have fun as much as I can. To some extent, I have kind of thrown myself too much into the pool that it greatly affected my grades in school.

Bottomline is, I don't really know how to strike a balance between studying and partying yet. So I have to choose just one for now. The thing, however, is if I choose one over the other, I'll always feel like I have something missing. Or something to that effect. Kaya magdadasal nalang ako. Ipagdasal mo din ako. hahaha!

Well, good job on losing so much weight! That only proves that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. (Including finding MARCO). Ako din, loner pa as of now. Things didn't work out with my previous guy, who I happen to have dumped because he was such a bloody asshole. Hahahaha!

Miss na kita, Jong! Miss ko na ang kagaguhan natin. Let's meet up sometime soon. LOVE YOU!!!

Meng January 12, 2008 at 2:04 AM  

astig. hairy ka na nyan sa december. hehe! and by the way, secret na ung sa blog ko hehe :D

Anonymous January 12, 2008 at 5:07 AM  

jhongers, commentcomment! nakakaaliw ka talaga. sobrang tawa ko ng tawa. :D

jhong January 13, 2008 at 4:26 AM  

@serica: wow! ang haba ng comment mo ha. salamat. whatever you want do, alam kong kaya mo 'yan!

@meng: sabihin mo na!!!!!! ahahah!

@julie: masaya ako na napatawa kita kahit seryoso yung blog entry ko. joke.

Anonymous January 13, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

Shucks...your blog is sooooo freakin' cool...welll..tama na nga ung english thing na yan....nice blog Jhong....I think you're right tungkol dyan sa pbb thing na yan...dapat si Gaby ang nanalo kasi talagang napatunayan niya na may napala siya sa loob ng pbb house noh....

http://crazylazykidfromneverland.blogspot.com/......

jhong January 14, 2008 at 3:44 AM  

@celine: thanks celine! ur the best. onga, dapat c gaby nalang. huhuuhhu!

Anonymous January 14, 2008 at 10:27 PM  

yes!!! napakalate ko namang magbasa ng blog m...i miss half of my life!!! wahaha! sooobraaaa!=p

it's sOoooo nice to read your blog, jhong...=)na-inspire ako..hehe...sana magawa ko din ang mga resolutions ko..and become a better person...hehehe..=]

*i like the part about marco!(^_^)v

God bless s prelims!(",)
LOVE YOU SOULMATE!!!=)

*miss our bondings just like before...huwhuw..

jhong January 15, 2008 at 3:14 AM  

@esfrey: salamat sa comment. sooobrrraaannngg miss na kita kahit everyday tayo nagkikita. =(

About The Writer


Jhong Valencia spends most of his time surfing the net, downloading tv series, watching movies, writing blog entries, reading books, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. He's 21 years old.